(1) Minimum cutting width
(2) Maximum cutting width
* Optional, should be ordered separately
TAG Insert Features
- Very rigid clamping in a tangentially oriented pocket.
- Enables machining at very high feed rates and provides excellent straightness and surface finish.
- Recommended for parting large diameter parts and for interrupted cuts.
- Offers a free, unobstructed chip flow, as there is no upper jaw like in other clamping systems (very important in deep grooving and parting applications).
- The combination of tangential clamping and free chip flow results in improved tool and pocket life.
- Provides a solution to the problem of inserts being pulled out during retraction.